Baraka Documentary

I have to say that I did not expect wonderful things from this film, but the second I pressed play I was mesmerized, I could not take my eyes off it one second. You asked us how it made us feel, and the truth is this documentary gave me a roller coaster of emotions. From peace to pain to intrigue to fulfillment. This documentary was captivating from start to finish. 

I have always wanted to travel the world and see all it has to offer. I think that is one of my biggest passions, and this documentary only intensified those feelings. It made me even more curious to see what is out there in the world. Not through someone else’s lens, but to see it with my own eyes. I want to touch the leaves, to taste the food, to smell the air, hear the sounds. Listen to the breeze, see the same places they see every time they wake up. This documentary made me want to travel even more. It gave me an even bigger sense of curiosity. To see them, interact and learn from them and from them. To mainly explore all the distinct cultures that the world has to offer. 

As soon as the film started, I felt peace, wonder and a sense of liberty. I felt free even though I was just sitting on my couch at home, I felt like I was transported to another place entirely. The film shows a lot about nature and animals, but it also shows so many diverse cultures, and they were what piqued my interest the most throughout. Since the documentary only showed a sneak peek into those unfamiliar cultures it left, we with a huge sense of curiosity. In the future I am sure that I will travel and now with this documentary I have added about five different places to my “bucket list”. 

Apart from it piquing my curiosity it also made me feel so small. I was amazed at everything the film showed, but seeing everything that is out there brought me both happiness, to know that i still have so much to explore, but also brought me sadness to know that compared to the world we are minute. 

I understand that this film was made years ago but the way some humans treat nature is unacceptable. I got mad when they cut that tree. They made damage to its surroundings apart of course from the fact that they also killed the tree, and left animals without a home. The documentary also showed a part where the little chickens were treated as if they were objects and not breathing living things. As if they were not alive, that pissed me off. How they treated the donkeys was also inhumane. You could see how they struggled to pull the cart, and it broke my heart that I was sitting in front of a screen and could not do anything. I was also heartbroken when I saw the people working their way through the trash to find any bit of scrap to make something with it. It’s a sad reality of our world that so many live in poverty. I am grateful that my parents can provide me with a home and food, and I get to live with luxuries like having a phone and an iPad, and even a car of my own. This documentary really put that into perspective, how grateful we should be for the life that we were given. 

Nature is something I have always cared for and the mistreatment of it has always gotten a reaction out of me. The part in which there were multiple fires on an open field made me think that that was one of the many reasons for global warming. I do not understand why there were so many unnecessary fires out on a field like that, my assumption is that someone was testing something, but no matter what it was that does not justify all the carbon emissions in those few minutes. Another scene that hurt me was the three soldiers were surrounded by hundreds of missiles. War is never the answer and yet still there are many something I will never understand about humans, it is how they always result in violence. If I one day decide to take a political stand, I will make sure that the first this the people know is how against weapons and violence I am. 

Like I said before, this documentary made me feel a roller coaster of emotions, and another emotion I felt was awe. When they showed the chapel at the beginning it was beautiful. I was impressed by the colors and shape of the architecture. No chapels I have seen looked like that, but the most impressive one was the one they showed at the end. The crystals, colors, brightness, and reflection were amazing. The pink, the white, the yellow, the purple, tell me what other chapels you have seen like it 

After an hour and a half of traveling the world through a screen I can safely say that I plan to see it all in the fire again, but this time with my own eyes, and my own lens. Cause if I must travel that far to see these wonders of the world, then you know I’m going to take a buttload of pictures.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lo funcional y artesanal

Los grandes arquitectos no conocidos